Life Care Center of Brookfield is located in north central Missouri, 100 miles east of St. Joseph. Our facility has easy access to many parks and wildlife refuges. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Brookfield, Missouri, website provides a listing of attractions, parks, lodging and dining in the city.
- The Pershing Balloon Derby began in 1977 to fund a museum to the last General of the Armies, General John J. Pershing, and is still held every Labor Day weekend.
- The John J. Pershing Boyhood Home State Historic Site celebrates one of the greatest generals in American history, located in nearby Laclede, Missouri.
- Swan Lake National Wildlife Refuge covers more than 10,800 acres of land and allows visitors to engage with many species of migratory birds.
- The Walt Disney Hometown Museum, in Marceline, Missouri, holds a unique collection of Disney family artifacts.